Got questions? We have answers!
Here are some answers about nutrition, ingredients, use, and more.
Who is PediaSure Plus for?
1. What are the age guidelines for PediaSure Plus?
PediaSure Plus meets or exceeds 100% Required Energy and Nutrient Intakes (RENI) per 2-3 servings per day of children above 3 years old. Talk to a healthcare professional about use of this product if your child is younger than 2 years of age.
2. Can a child younger than 2 years of age use PediaSure Plus?
3. Can a child older than 10 years old use PediaSure Plus?
Yes, PediaSure Plus can be used by children above 10 years old. Talk to a healthcare professional about use of this product for your concerns.
4. Can I use PediaSure Plus as a meal replacement?
Yes, in the hospital setting or under the care of your pediatrician, PediaSure Plus may be used as a meal replacement or sole source of nutrition to help fill in the nutritional gaps and reduce number of sick days. As with any nutritional product, using as meal replacement or sole source of nutrition should have close medical supervision.
How can PediaSure Plus be prepared and stored?
5. Can I mix PediaSure Plus with regular milk?
PediaSure Plus should be used based on the recommended dilution of 5 scoops in 190 mL of water. You will not be able to see the full benefits of PediaSure Plus for healthy growth and immunity by mixing or alternating usage with regular milk.
6. Can I use warm water for PediaSure Plus?
To prepare one 225 mL serving, use room temperature or warm water <35°C (95°F) into a cup and gradually mix in 5 leveled scoops or 49g of PediaSure Plus powder. Never heat formula in a microwave oven, as serious burns can result. Mixing formula with water above 35°C (95°F) may compromise the benefits of the probiotics.
7. How long can a container of PediaSure Plus powder be kept after opening?
8. Can I put PediaSure Plus in the refrigerator after use?
9. What are the storage guidelines for PediaSure Plus?
10. Can I cook with PediaSure Plus? Do you have any recipes?
Using PediaSure Plus to prepare recipes with heating will result in the loss of the viability of probiotics. However, all other nutrient and caloric values will remain the same. We advise to go for heating only when it’s necessary for your child to try a different taste.
For recipes you can try with PediaSure Plus as an ingredient, click here.
What is in PediaSure Plus?
11. Is PediaSure Plus lactose and gluten free?
12. Is PediaSure Plus certified Halal?
13. Does PediaSure Plus contain DHA?
Yes, PediaSure Plus contains DHA, an omega -3 fatty acid and an important nutrient that helps support brain and eye health. PediaSure Plus contains 20.6g/100g.